Quarry Materials Testing
CTS have the resources to offer competitively-priced testing and consultancy services to aggregate producers. For extra convenience, CTS provide an aggregate sampling and/or collection service.
The new European standards list many different types of aggregate tests, but not all apply to aggregates produced in the UK and Ireland. The links listed below show some of the common test requirements.
CTS provide a service for all tests listed, and are happy to give guidance on test rates and test types necessary to meet Production Control requirements, and to avoid unnecessary testing and expense.
Click on test for brief outline:
- Determination of particle size distribution - sieving method - BS EN 933-1
- Determination of loose bulk density and voids - BS EN 1097-3
- Determination of water content - BS EN 1097-3
- Determination of particle density and water absorption - BS EN 1097-6
- Determination of particle shape - Flakiness index - BS EN 933-3
- Determination of Shell content - BS EN 933-7
- Determination of Drying Shrinkage - BS EN 1367-4
- Resistance to fragmentation - LA Abrasion - BS EN 1097-8
- Determination of fines content - BS EN 933-1
- Determination of the polished stone value - BS EN 1097-8
- Determination of aggregate abrasion value - BS EN 1097-8
- Magnesium sulfate test - BS EN 1367-2